Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I need to change the User that runs the services of QlikView Server

Good Day Guys,

I am with the following problem, I need to change the User that runs the services of QlikView Server. I change in direct service or need to change something in the QMC?

Att,

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Att,

The user that you changed the service account to use has to be members of two groups. The first is the Administrator Group of the local machine (Machine that QVS is on) and it needs to be a member of the QlikView Administrator group.

If you are running IIS you will also need to change the QVS IIS application pools Identity also.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, that is all you need to do if you are running QlikView webserver.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Att,

The user that you changed the service account to use has to be members of two groups. The first is the Administrator Group of the local machine (Machine that QVS is on) and it needs to be a member of the QlikView Administrator group.

If you are running IIS you will also need to change the QVS IIS application pools Identity also.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

I'm using the QlikView WebServer, then just need to add the User Administrators group and the local machine Administrators Group Qlikview?

I'm afraid to change and stop the Access Point Client

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, that is all you need to do if you are running QlikView webserver.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Everything worked, Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What and where do i change service account so i can be the main user that runs services on QVS?

dp36
Contributor
Contributor

This doesn't seems to be working for me. Any other potential issue you see with this?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @dp36,

This thread is very old so suggest that you create a new, separate thread for your question. Have a look at article How to Change QlikView Service Account.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!