Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Closing open sessions on QVS 8.5

On a daily basis, I have users who open document sessions and restart the browser and open a new session. By the end of the day, our QVS has one loaded document with 10-20 open sessions, but no Active Users.

1. How can I close a session for a user if they open another session?

2. Is there anyway for me to reset a specific users session without having to Stop and Start the service?

3. What is the recommended actions required at the user front-end (IE plug-in users) to properly close a session on QVS?

Thank you.

3 Replies
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

In the QVS management console >general tab >sessions:

Can set the maximum inactive timeout for sessions here as well as possible session timeouts.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karl, but that is not working for us. For some reason, when IE hangs while opening a QV document, the inactive timeout does not see it as "inactive", and hence keeps the session open. I was looking for an option to only allow one open session per document per user - that way, if they restart IE and try to open the document again, their older session is automatically closed.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Any other suggestions on this. This issue still keeps on coming up. I need a way to restrict one session per user.