Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to build a sum by using multiple criteria

Dear all,

I'm totally new to QlikView an wondered if there is a workaround that is like SUMIFS-command by Excel.

I have a tablle with the following columns date, cashflow, buy/sell, person, location. product

I would like to define two new series' that contain contain either the positiv or negative cashflows per day overall persons and locations.

Can you give me an advice how to draw this up?

Thanks in advance

QV_Scrub

5 Replies
rphpacheco
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Can you post an example?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

assume the following table:

Date                   Value                     In/Out                            Person

01.01.2013         1000                     In                                   Max

01.01.2013         2000                     In                                   Carl

01.01.2013           500                     Out                                Tim

01.01.2013           200                     Out                                Max

02.01.2013           100                     Out                                Tim

03.01.2013           300                     In                                   Paul   

What I would like to generate is a table as follows

Date                    Value_In                 Value_Out

01.01.2013          3000                      700

02.01.2013          0                            100

03.01.2013          300                         0

So my intention is to define to new variables that represent each one of the both columns "Value_In" and "Value_Out".

Thanks.

BR

QV_Scrub    

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, please find the solution in the attached application.

Not applicable
Author

Can you provide it as a txt-file?

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Create a pivot table and 2 expressions:

In Value:

sum( {$<InOut = {"In"}>} Value)

Out Value:

sum( {$<InOut = {"Out"}>} Value)

InOut is your "In/Out" field in your example.

The dimension for this chart should be Date.

I hope this helps.