Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server v11 SR2 - backup and recovery

Hello all,

I want to backup the entire configuration (directory connectors, tasks, authentication tables, ....) and files for my QlikView Server. The idea is to be able to come back to production rapidly in case of big crash.

In the v10 version, I only do a backup of the files and folders found in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech.

Can I do the same for v11 ? Has someone still tested a procedure of recovery for v11 ?

Thanks in advance for all your advices and answers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The same goes for version 11.

The main factor for settings etc are stored under ProgramData and that is the location that needs to be backupéd.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The same goes for version 11.

The main factor for settings etc are stored under ProgramData and that is the location that needs to be backupéd.

kangaroomac
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

If you want fast recovery (and a simple solution) I would in conjunction with your file backups consider doing periodical snapshots of your server (s) too.

i.e. Daily file backups and Monthly System backups.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer. I will make a recovery test of the v11 during the week and give a "good answer" or "useful answer" stamp next week.

Not applicable
Author

OK, I have restored today a QlikView Server v11 SR2. I simply:

- installed the QlikView Server application on the new server

- stop the QlikView services

- copy all files and folders from the old server <SystemDrive>:\ProgramData\QlikTech\

- start the QlikView services

I should reboot one time (because some services was registered with the old server's name).

But it work, my new server is now running with all the configuration, documents, users, tasks, etc.... that were on the old server.