Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grey few data

Hi PPl

Please help me in the below senario.

I have a field Country with 3 rows say(UK,US,SEWDEN). I want the output in such a way that while showing in list box i should have all the data but "UK" should be in excluded state(Grey) ie. i should not select UK.

This should be done in back end only... Any possibilities...? Please help...

Regards

Revathy.

3 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This is driven by data.

You should have your Fact table and your dimension table with the countries. For examples:

Fact:

LOAD * INLINE [

CountryID, Value

FR, 5

IT, 4

];

Country

LOAD * INLINE [

CountryID, Name

UK, United Kingdom

FR, France

IT, Italy

];

In this case, in your fact table you don't have values for UK, so if in a list box you show your CountryID or Name, you'll see UK excluded.

I hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi

Thanks for ur response...

But i find UK available in both the list box, it is not greyed. I could select UK also..

wat i want is a single list box in which UK should be there but in an excluded state..

Thanks

Revathy

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You cannot have excluded values if there are no selections. That means the other values must be selected.

You can use the OnOpen document trigger to add two actions. The first is a Select in Field action that selects UK and the second action is a Select Excluded action. This way on opening the document all values other than UK will be selected and UK will be excluded. But pressing the Clear button will undo the selections again. You could of course make the selections manually once and then Lock the field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand