cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Decreasing Goal Line

I have a set of data that I would like to create a decreasing goal line for. It is set up by weekly amounts.

I would like to have it start with a value such as 1.7 and then decrease it by 9.8% for each week.

My formula in excel was simple. [1.7-(1.7*.0098)] in the first row and then in the next row below that, have it reference the cell above it's value and subratact it by 9.8%

[REF - (REF * .0098) and copy that forumula down the excel document.

However, I cannot seem to replicate this formula in Qlikview. I tried using the AGGR function with no success. Does anyone know of a way to complete this formula in Qlikview?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 Replies
crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes I tried that first but then it just gives me a line dependent on the values, I just need a slowing downward sloping line. Is that possible?

RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

When I downloaded your qvw and just left the month dimension I had a downwards sloping line.

I didn't want to upload the file again being so large it would have taken forever.  I'm not around tomorrow so if you have anymore problems I suggest starting a new thread.

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

OK I'll look into it further. Thank you for your help!

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

This formual does work. I had to switch the order of the expressions. I put this one first and my value expression after it and now it works! Thanks for your help!