Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nested If to create a drop down selection

Hi there, i have the following problem with a nested IF statement that won t work in a combined selection.

the code is the following:

=if (conto=62 and (sotco=30 or sotco=3 or sotco=27 or sotco=32 or sotco=15),62,

if(conto=13 and (sotco=6 or sotco=1 or sotco=3), 13,

if((conto=38 and sotco=36),38,

if(conto=12 and (sotco=32 or sotco=60 or sotco=35),12,

if(conto=10 and (sotco=30 or sotco=29 or sotco=26 or sotco=14 or sotco=27),10,

if(conto=23 and (sotco=27 or sotco=19 or sotco=20 or sotco=21 or sotco=22 or sotco=28),23,

if(conto=6 and (sotco=23 or sotco=22 or sotco=5 or sotco=24 or sotco=3 or sotco=18 or sotco=21 or sotco=28 or sotco=29 or sotco=11 or sotco=2 or sotco=27),6)))))))

the expression is OK and it is used as a calculated field in a drop down selection object.

The two criteria are Conto (parent) and Sotco. My goal is to display for each conto selection only certain sotco values... which works fine if i pick one choice only

for instance is i pick uniquely conto 38 then i see only sotco 36.

however the problem is ... if i select 38 and another let's say 13 i see all combinations possible insteda of the correct one... so i see 38-13, 38-6, 38-1, ....

I tried a work around by creating a dummy field that would do the following (conto*10000)+sotco = conto0sotco and specifyng all the unique combinations... alas it does exaclty the same as above once i combine them it ignores the nesting and trasnforms everything in one big select all conto and all sotco specified...

Can anybody tell if i am doing something wrong ?

thanks!!

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using conto as dimension in your chart replace it with the nested if as a calculated dimension. If that's not the problem please create a sample document. I'm not very good at mind reading yet.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

thanks for picking this topic up i don't expect you to read my mind... but i can t post the file either... since it contains sesitive financial data and i can't break the company confidentiality on this.

however i took screenshots to help you better understand my question.

So the expression is a calculated dimension in a drop down selection object. First screenshot shows that.

Second screenshot shows that the selections are all active, third screenshot shows what i don t want to see ( a combo of conto and sotco that should not be satisfied by the formula).

I ll see if i can build a dummy file with the same logic for you, but if you spot anything striking please let me know...thanks!

conto_shot.jpg

conto_shot2.jpg

conto_shot3.jpg

Not applicable
Author

added a clean sample

to see the problem select all the conditions together and look at conto 38

it has all the sotco instead of only sotco 36

Gysbert_Wassenaar

As I said, replace conto with the nested if statement in your chart. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

right ... this would build the condition in the chart itself... i know that works... but i can t make the chart dynamic this way .. i.e. no selection equals all data....

I can live with this, just wanted to be sure.