Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Questions about Publisher

Hi,

I want to ask a question about Publisher.

The reload task for a QVW, I mean the execution of the ETL script, is performed by the Publisher (Qvd) or by the Server (Qvs)?

In a cluster environment where I have to install the Oracle client? In the Qvs server or in the Qvd server?

How many resources does the Publisher need in term of Ram and CPU?

Thanks

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The Distribution service is what runs this. It does it using QVB.exe and in a cluster environment the Oracle drivers would have to be on the machine that the Distribution service is on.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm sorry but I know that the server do the reload task and the publisher do the reduction.

Isn't this correct?

If I install both the services the Publisher will performe all the reloading tasks?

The server will ONLY serve the client for document analysis?

How many RAM and CPU does Publisher requires?

To install more than a distribution service (Publisher) I need a specific license key that enables clustering for the Publisher? Something like for the Qvs?

It's possible that the Publisher publish in a root folder different from the one I have setted?

Where I have to check?

Thanks a lot

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, that is not correct. All reloads are handled by the Distribution service.  You can do reloads without a pbulisher license, but you will find there are more options with publisher.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.