Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can we give a calculation condition for a sheet?

Hi,

Is there a way to give calculation condition for a sheet? I am aware that we can give a show condition to a sheet but I want to restirct all the calculations also.

Thanks,

Amit

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

yes, u can

Go to the Genral Tab in the properties & there you can give the condition in the 'Calculation Condition' space.

use some expression like if(condition,calculate,dntcalculate)

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. Are you talking about sheet's general tab? Because sheet's general tab only asks for a show condition. Again to make it clearer I am looking to give calculation condition to a sheet.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

i dnt think it makes sense to use the word 'calculation' for a sheet as calculations are done for charts

After all the calculations reside on the charts(table,bars etc.).

sheet is just a container for the objects

what are u trying to implement exactly ?

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Amit,

You can use Sheet Event Trigers on Active Sheet or On leave sheet, where you can put active type like Select in field etc etc.

Regards,

Tom

Not applicable
Author

I have multiple sheets. When I am on one sheet the objects on other sheet should not be calculated. So instead of giving object specific calculation condition I am trying to give a calculation condition to a sheet.

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Is it like if you select any option from 1 sheet the selection should reflect the another sheet?

Regards,

Tom

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Objects are only calculated when the objects are visible and the calculation condition evaluates as true. That means only objects on the active sheet will be calculated and only those that also meet the afore mentioned conditions. That's why a calculation condition for a sheet doesn't make sense and why it doesn't exist.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can u try like this.

Each sheet will have a SheetID.So, with this you may achieve your requirement.

Sheet1:

In all the charts expressions you can give the condition like if it matches with the active sheet ID.

Ex:if (sheetid=' ',Sum(Sales),'')  (Not the exact comparision for SheetID)

You can do the same thing for other sheets also.So if you are in one sheet the condtions in that sheet will be true and in other sheets will be false.

This is just an idea of me.I haven't tried this.But give a trial like this.

Regards

Kumar