Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Execute cmd.exe works on one publisher but not another why?

Hi gentlemens,

I have attached a very small script that checks if a folder exists and if it doesn't it creates the folder using

execute cmd.exe /Q /C mkdir ^"$(vL.FolderName)^" ;

Nothing special with that.

Assigning a task to the QV-document and reloading it results in the folder being created in one publisher installation (QV11) but not in another (QV10).

I really must have it to work in the QV10 installation.

The only thing I could think of was the account running the QV-distribution service did not have the proper rights on the second installation so I made sure that user was allowed to create a folder in the specific folder where the qvw-file is stored but no folder was created anyway.

Nothing is written in the document-log and the script just moves on without any errors.

/Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Well well,

In the QV-installation where I had problem the source qvw is located on a fileshare on another server (same place where I want to create a folder)

That fileshare is mapped as Y: for both my user and the service-acocunt running the publisher-tasks.

The predefined variable $(QvWorkPath) returns the very same string both when running the qvw manually as well as with the publisher starting with Y:.

However that path with Y: can only be used when reloading manually, when running on the server I must use \\server\fileshare\.....

But now it works

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Andy,

I just tested this on version 10.0.9731 (SR6) and it worked without any issues.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Bill,

That was good news.

Then it should work in QV10, as expected.

The question is just what is missing in the target system?

The version is 10.0.9274.8

/Andy

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Andy,

I would think it had to do with rights. If you could login as the service account and try to run it in desktop to see if that would work.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

I can create a folder in Explorer when I login as the service account. But creating a .bat with mkdir in it and running via publisher do not work either.

Strange...

/Andy

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Andy,

If it is a 2008 server is the ACS (Account Control Settings) turned on?

Bill

andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Logging in as the serviceaccount the UAC (User account control) is set to the lowest level 'Never Notify'

/Andy

tombombadil
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

checkout the Security Settings for the user (under your service account), Settings - User preferences - Security.

IMHO you have to enable the Launch option.

Best regards,

Tom

andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

You mean in the QV Desktop I guess.

Well that option is not ticked for the service-account on a machine where it is working.

I don't think the desktop user-setting options for the service account influence the distribution-service running the publisher tasks.

/Andy

Not applicable

Check if settings.ini and lef.txt is missing from the system profile (C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView ) If so, add it.