Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goslarmi
Contributor
Contributor

Problem: lost selections even though session recovery is enabled

Hi,

I have a problem with the session recovery functionality in QV Server. We are using QV 11 Server and Ajax Client on Mozilla Browser.

We enabled Session Recovery but in spite of this our users always lose their selections in the running apps when the server is disconnected after some idle time. It seems for me, that it has something to do with the server options in the document properties. We switched off the "allow server objects"-checkbox because we don´t want the user to create individual tables/objects in access point documents. We only allow server bookmarks. But this seems to block also the session recovery.

Is their a way to disable server objects with session recovery working properly? Or where is my mistake?

Thanks for any help!

Michael

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Michael,

Session Recovery should work without allowing server objects. To make sure that this setting is working, go to the QMC, Documents, User Documents and see whether or not the document as some bookmarks created by the users that have opened the document.

Maybe some of these is corrupt, and removing the Shared file should get the file to work back to normal.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

goslarmi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Miguel,

thanks for your comment - but unfortunately this is not the case. I tested it with distributing a renamed copy of the same file to myself, so the shared file should be new and unspoilt.But it behaves in the same way as the original file.

Any other ideas?

Michael