Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem in Container/Drag-and-Drop/Security in browser mode

Dear Team,

I am facing some problem and have some concerns when using QV in browser mode. I am using QV 11 SR1 and using IE 9.

1. My dashboard has container which does not appear in browser mode. But it appears and works fine when I open it in desktop version.

2. Drag-and-Drop functionality in pivot chart does work in browser mode only when I choose "IE plugin" as my preferred client (the option which is available in top-right corner of the screen, just below your login name). It does not work in other options available in preferred client drop-down list.

3. I am using NTFS Authorization for dashboard security (Qlikview Management Console > QlikView Server Settings > Security > Authorization). The problem is, user are able to see thumbnail of dashboards they are not authorized for. Though, when they click on thumbnail, qlikview throws an error of authorization. But client's requirement is that user should not able to see even thumbnail of dashboards they are not authorized for. We have created several folders for all departments and put QV file on these folders. We provide security on these folders to avoid unauthorized users.

4. I have a Bar graph chart which displays monthwise sales. This graph displays values either in Quantitative or in Value. I have provided a Text object on right side of chart which have "Set variable" action and changes a variable to 1 and 2 (toggle). There are 4 expressions, 2 for Quantitative and 2 for Value and these expressions is set to enable on condition. The problem is, when we see this dashboard on browser, it displays all of the 4 expressions. Conditional enable is not working in browser mode in my case.

I am stuck in these points. Your valuable support is highly appreaciated.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There was conflict of QV server version. I was using version 9.0. After upgrading it to version 11.20 SR2, problem number 1, 2 and 4 resolved.

However problem number 3 still exist and I guess there is some problem with windows permission.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Item 3 would be a configuration problem. Are you using Publisher to distribute the QlikView Documents? If the NTFS file permissions are setup correct they would not see the document if they did not have rights to it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for reply.

We are not using Publisher to distribute QV documents. We have defined Root Folder under QlikView Server Setting tab in QlikView Management Console. Whenever we need to add a dashboard, we create a folder under this Root Folder and copy QV file in it and provide access to this folder to concern users only. That's all. Thumbnail of all QVs are displayed on home page of browser. But the problem is that we do not want user to see even thumbnail of the dashboards for which they have not given folder permission.

Not applicable
Author

There was conflict of QV server version. I was using version 9.0. After upgrading it to version 11.20 SR2, problem number 1, 2 and 4 resolved.

However problem number 3 still exist and I guess there is some problem with windows permission.

Thanks.