Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional dimension display with macro

Hi,

I want to create a PivotTable through a macro. I need to use a macro because :

- The dimensions are variables

- The number of dimensions is variable

- The number of rows or columns is variable

- A dimension can be hide with a clic

I can do it except the last point (when the selection changes, I delete all the dimensions and then I add the dimensions I need). I looked into the API but I didn't find the right method. I tried

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH02").GetProperties.Dimensions(0).AttributeExpressions.ShowValueExp.Definition.v = "{condition}"

but it doesn't work.

Thank you for your help !

Enzo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I think it can help. I tried several things and I find a function that doesn't appear in API but it works.

To fill the field Enable Conditional you need to use the attribute EnableCondition.Type and EnableCondtion.Expression.

EnableCondition is a bit like Show, it means EnableCondition.Type can be 0, 1 or 2. I didn't find any diffrences between the values 1 and 0, but the value 2 activate the Enable Conditional field.

The expression of the condition can be set with EnableCondition.Expression and can be see in the user interface.

You can attach a condition to a dimension thanks to this.

Here is an exemple :

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH08")

set objProp = obj.GetProperties

set variable = objProp.Dimensions(0).EnableCondition

variable.Type = 2

variable.Expression = {condition}

obj.SetProperties objProp

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Enzo,

Try the following link..will give information about hiding dimension using macro.

http://www.citagus.com/citagus/blog/hiding-dimensions-in-qlikview-pivot-table/

and this thread

http://community.qlik.com/thread/17457

Regards.

siva

Not applicable
Author

Thanks siva for your help.

It's a good idea and it will probably work (I can't test right now).

I wonder if it is possible to fill the field of conditional display for a dimension with macro (I use QV in french so I don't know the exact word for this field in english). Do you know something about it ?

Enzo

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

This can be done using varables to show or hide Dimensions and Expressions

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Alan for answering.

I know you can hide or show Dimensions with variables, but I wonder how to set up which variable to use for which dimension with a macro.

For example, I want to add a dimension called Test and I want this dimension to be displayed if the variable show = 1 (the variable already exists). I can add the dimension with .AddDimension "Test" but I don't know how to manage the conditional display with macro.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I think it can help. I tried several things and I find a function that doesn't appear in API but it works.

To fill the field Enable Conditional you need to use the attribute EnableCondition.Type and EnableCondtion.Expression.

EnableCondition is a bit like Show, it means EnableCondition.Type can be 0, 1 or 2. I didn't find any diffrences between the values 1 and 0, but the value 2 activate the Enable Conditional field.

The expression of the condition can be set with EnableCondition.Expression and can be see in the user interface.

You can attach a condition to a dimension thanks to this.

Here is an exemple :

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH08")

set objProp = obj.GetProperties

set variable = objProp.Dimensions(0).EnableCondition

variable.Type = 2

variable.Expression = {condition}

obj.SetProperties objProp