Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Auto install IE plugin

Hi again

Can I set the system up so that if a user clicks a link to a qlikview report and don't have the IE plugin installed they automatically get the option to do so from the server?

Thanks

26 Replies
jasonseril
Creator
Creator

Hello Karl,

I would like to follow up if you were able to dig up some information on autoinstall code in QV9? I also have another question on the qvplugin.exe files location once this is installed? What are are the filenames and its location, where can we find these files?

Can you recommend another way to have an autoinstall of the ie plugin? Thanks and more power!

regards,

jason

Not applicable
Author

the qlikview plugin consists of an OCX file, dll containing culture-dependant component, and help files

after installation they are located in the QlikOcx directory of your QlikView installation directory

jasonseril
Creator
Creator

Thanks jgeorge.

Do you know how to automatically install qvplugin.exe?

Not applicable
Author

sorry i have absolutely no idea about how to auto-install it

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Hey everyone this is fixed in SR3 file called opendoc_fix.htm under C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvPlugin

remove the <-- --> and replace the opendoc.htm and you get auto install of plugin back I just fixed it on http://demo.qlik.com if you do not have a v9 plugin client installed you will see:

Verifying Plugin version...

and it will prompt to auto install. You can of course click no and then it will show the link in the page, as it used to work.

/Karl

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Actually, I have it installed already and the demo site is still prompting me to install. Could it be because I have the SR2 version and not SR3?

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

DOH! yep I have lowered it to .7257 (SR1)

Not applicable
Author

Dear Karl,

I want to make my 8.5 version server auto prompt for plugin download. Your explanations did not fix my problem on 8.5 version. Do you have any other suggestion to fix the problem.

Hope to hear you soon.

Best Regards,

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

In 8.5 it is a little bit different. It should just be a matter of going into C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvPlugin and renaming the opendoc.htm to opendoc.old (or something like that) and renaming opendoc_fix.htm to opendoc.htm . You might have to restart IIS in order for the settings to go through.

Before saving the opendoc_fix.htm to opendoc.htm be sure to uncomment the following line at the bottom:

<!--

Uncomment this section and change version if necessary to get automatic plugin installation

<object classid="CLSID:6E1BAAF6-ECB9-4505-86C1-5D04467B02CC" codebase="/QvPlugin/QvPluginSetup.exe#version=8.50.6280.5" viewastext></object>

-->

This should set up the auto install for you. If for some reason you are not getting prompted make sure your IE browser security settings are not blocking it.

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

This work from 9 SR1.