Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Auto install IE plugin

Hi again

Can I set the system up so that if a user clicks a link to a qlikview report and don't have the IE plugin installed they automatically get the option to do so from the server?

Thanks

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This is working from 9 SR1.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl

The above method didn't worked for me. We have Qlikview 9 server sr3. And i am trying to give user an option to install plugin if they dont have.

I did the following :

Renamed the opendoc.htm to any other name (opendocnoplugin.htm)

renamed the opendoc_fix.htm to opendoc.htm and uncommented the <object> tag.<object> tag is having classid,version attributes.

Can you suggest if any thing more needs to be done?.

Regards,

Preena

Not applicable
Author

This very nice discussion..I have a similar required to this.When the user is not having the QV Plugin we need to display 'Don't have QV Plugin Installed.Contact Help Desk'.

I treied renaming Opendoc.htm and Opendoc_Fix files.It's prompting for 'Installation of the QV Plugin'.Instead of prompting for 'Installation' can we show the user defined message as mentioned above.

Pls let me know your thoughts and advice me what changes I have to do...

Ram

Using QlikView 9.0 SR3

Not applicable
Author

You can edit the opendoc.js file in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin folder (it is in version 10, version 9 folders names could be a bit different). Locate those lines of code in the beginning of the file:

document.body.innerHTML =
'<object classid="CLSID:6E1BAAF6-ECB9-4505-86C1-5D04467B02CC" width="100%" height="100%" > ' +
' <param name="AutoScan" value="-1"> ' +
' <param name="SRC" value="' + url + '"> ' +
' <div><b>QlikView Analyzer for Microsoft<sup>&reg;</sup> Internet Explorer</b> is not installed<br>' +
' Download it <a class="stdlink" href="https://community.qlik.com/QvPlugin/QvPluginSetup.msi">here</a> and then refresh your browser</div>' +
'</object>';

Text between the <div> tags is html code to add into the document in case the plugin is not installed (or could not be created due to security settings). You can change that to anything you want to be shown to the users who do not have the plugin.

Not applicable
Author

I got solution for this Gents...

What we need to do is..Change the opendoc.js for below to get the customised messages...

Not applicable
Author

gr8 george..I didn't noticed your post earlier...but somehow I digged it out... Smile

Not applicable
Author

HI Ram,

links you provide are not working. can u post the solution again?