Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amweiner
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

How to display Excel-like Column and Row Headers when printing a report

I want to print a grid (pivot table or straight table) that contains Excel column headers (A,B,C,....) and row headers (1,2,3,....). See the embedded image. I know that you can to so this in Excel (Excel has a feature that that enables you to print a spreadsheet with the headings turned on. I would like to do this within a qlikview document by clicking the print button on the object, and when embedding the object in a production report. If it could not be done using the out of the box print button, could I create a custom button that involed a macro? One option that I considered was exporting the report to Excel with headings turned on, which in turn exports to pdf file. Anyone have another approach or idea?

ColumnHeader.png

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Perhaps you could create (directly or extra) the rownumber in script as extra field and used for the column multi-line header (= 'B' & chr(10) & 'FormulaName'). If not, export to excel is the best way.

- Marcus