Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document log said reload was successful, but data was not updated

We have a document that is refreshed daily at 5 am. Over last weekend, and including Monday (6/1 - 6/3), the task log history on the management console indicates that the document was successfully reloaded. However, one of the users contacts me Monday afternoon, and says the document last refresh date in the lower right of the screen says 5/31/2013 5:00 AM (Friday morning). I query for data that I know would have occurred over the weekend, and it was not there. I later learned that this user had left the Qlikview desktop app up all weekend with the document open in design mode. I asked him to make sure that he shuts down the application before leaving for the day. Tuesday morning 6/5 through today, we haven't had any more issues and the refresh timestamp has been updating appropriately.

Has anyone had any similar experience dealing with conflicts with document refreshing? I would have thought that maybe the refresh over the weekend would have generated an error but it didn't. This document is in development/design mode now, so when we go live in production, we shouldn't have people trying to modify it during scheduled refresh cycles, which will be more frequent on go live than daily (perhaps as often as every 15 minutes).

0 Replies