Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to get value of the property 'text': object is null or undefined

Hi all,

Please someone tell me what I am missing...

This is part of definition.xml

<Text Label="Sort By" Type="select" Select="dim,sum" SelectLabel="Dimension,Measurement" /> 

<Text Label="Sort Order" Type="select" Select="asc,desc" SelectLabel="Ascending,Descending" />

<Initiate Name="Chart.Text.0.Content" Value="dim" />

<Initiate Name="Chart.Text.1.Content" Value="asc" />

and in the Script.js

_this.ExtSettings.SortType = _this.Layout.Text0.text;

_this.ExtSettings.SortOrder = _this.Layout.Text1.text;

If I don't add second one (_this.ExtSettings.SortOrder = _this.Layout.Text1.text;), the extension object works well, but as soon as I add the second line, it generates "Unable to get value of the property 'text': object is null or undefined" message and worn't work. 

What am i doing wrong? 

Sean

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
patrik_seger
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi

I guess that this is due to that when you change in the Definition. xml file, you need to remove the old objects in QlikView and create them again. Have you tried that?

JavaScript cannot resolve the Text1.text property, probably due to not defined by QlikView.

Br Patrik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
patrik_seger
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi

I guess that this is due to that when you change in the Definition. xml file, you need to remove the old objects in QlikView and create them again. Have you tried that?

JavaScript cannot resolve the Text1.text property, probably due to not defined by QlikView.

Br Patrik

Not applicable
Author

I have deleted the extension object in the qvw and restarted QV11. Then I have added the object back and it seems it added additional text boxes into QV. 

Thanks,

Sean