Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Send to Excel Formatting Error

Hi,

I have a straight table that has calculated dimensions in it.

All the calculated dimensions are numeric, but when I send the table to Excel the values are converted to text.

I found quite a lot of discussions on this same issue and it seems to be a QlikTech bug. If yes has it been corrected and if not, is there a workaround using which I get numeric values in Excel without having to use Copy to Clipboard?

Thanks,

Mrunmayi

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, I think that's a QT issue (you may call it bug or work as designed), it seems that dimension values are always formatted as text when exported to excel.

You could try creating an expression that replicates your number, then hide the dimension in presentation tab and move the expression to the place you like.

Or use one of the Macro solutions that you can find here in the forum for Excel export and formatting.

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately I have to use these calculated dimensions because I want my scroll bar to start after these columns(If there is a way to do this without adding them to dimensions, please let me know, it will be very helpful) and I cannot use macros in my code either coz the dashboard will be deployed in Web View as well and macros won't work in it..

Any other suggestions?

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

You can export to csv

Not applicable
Author

Thanks mwoolf, I tried doing that and I don't get my dimensions in the text format if I export to csv but I lose all the formatting of my table such as the column background color and visual cues. I need to keep the formatting.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

If you need to keep the format then you should try to use macro

Not applicable
Author

I can't use macros in my code coz the dashboard will be deployed in AJAX mode as well and macros won't work in it..

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

You can try your luck with User Preferences>Export tab..

try to play arround with setting.. hope you will get rid off your issue.

HTH

Sushil

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Also read this thread:  http://community.qlik.com/thread/75362

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help Sushil, I'll see what I can do.