cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bookmark and user objects migration

Hello,

I'm using a QV server v10.

I have to migrate to a QV server v11 SR 2.

Unfortunately, my users (using Ajax version of the application) have many bookmarks and user objects.

I tried to copy / paste the ".meta" and ".shared" files to have the same bookmarks / objects.

It didn't work

Is there a way to migrate my bookmarks and user objects from v10 to v11?

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I looked into the ".shared" files and I think I've understood something: bookmarks are linked to "full path users".

Eg. "my_old_server\username" and not "username".

As my server have a new name, even if I have the same users, theire full name are "my_new_server\username".

I can export ".shared" files into ".xml" files to edit them with Notepad, but I don't know how to create a new ".shared" file from a ".xml" file.

Does anyone have an idea?

Not applicable
Author

With the Power Tool "ServerObjectHandler", I can open my application, see the objects / bookmarks and replace "my_old_server" by "my_new_server".

Then, in this very tool, I can see that all my user objects / bookmarks belongs to the users I want.

BUT, when I open the document on my server, I don't see the user objects, and I see the bookmarks labels but they are ineffectives.

So, I opened the new ".shared" file with the Power Tool "SharedFileViewer" to view what I have in the file.

Almost every objects are owned by the right user ("my_new_server\username"), except:

- some objects with no ID, with "ObjectContent" as Type

- some objects with ID "Document\SH02" and "ObjectContent" as Type

which are still owned by "my_old_server\username".

How can I change this users as well?