Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flavio_fazzano
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Real-time data update in QvS

Someone know how QVS realizes the Real-time data update ?
I have a couple questions:
1) If a new data was inserted into a DB Oracle, how is QVS notified?, and then, how is the process to add this new data in a qv document?
2) When does QVS download to disc the information that were "injected" into memory?

I am apology if I am not very clear, but I don't understand very well this features

Regards,

Flavio

6 Replies
Not applicable

As far as adding the process of new data to qv doc is concerned, you would have to apply "Reload" and "Partial Reload" functionality to the script.

Regards

Eraaj

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Flavio,

Insertion on QVS is via API and requires a license.

To get new data like this from Oracle, you would have to write a trigger in Oracle to insert the new rows via the API. Be warned that there are limits on teh number of rows that can be inserted per second has the document will need to recalculate.

Regards,

Stephen

flavio_fazzano
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Ok Stephen, thanks, but now let's suppose that a new information was inserted into qv document (sales.qvw) ,how this new data is stored in the Sales.qvw ?

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Flavio,

You would use a Macro. I imagine that you are talking about a user being able to enter values in fields and then inserting them into the data?

Have a look at this document: http://community.qlik.com/media/p/66961.aspx

Stephen

flavio_fazzano
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks again Stephen, but when the qv document is download from memory, the information that was injected (in run time) is lost, and my question is how this information can be save

Best regards,

Flavio

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Flavio,

You need to make sure that the additional data is handled by your script.

Regards,

Stephen