Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need background color for every quadrant in scatter chart

Hi,

I have a scatter chart, i will get x and y-axis line using my own expression (not the chart x-axis or y-axis).

It's a custom x-axis and y-axis, so it will have 4 quadrants. I want to color individual quadrants with different colors.

Is it possible to do?

If yes, how we can achieve this?

I want to color the quadrants with different colors or atleast the bubbles falls under one quadrant should have one color and other quadrant bubbles should have different color, but bubbles under same quadrant should have same color.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can give the bubbles different colors with the Background Color setting of the x-axis expression. See attached example.

If you want the quadrants themselves to have background colors you need to used colored textboxes and put the scatter chart on top of them and make the plot area transparent.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

if you want the background with different color maybe you can use a colored defined by a function

if(x>0 and y>0, rgb(xxx,xxx,xxx) , if ( x>0 and y <0, rgb ........

Not applicable
Author

well sorry my solution doesn't seem to be working

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I checked the file, i wanted similar to that functionality,

but you have given the conditions in background color of expression like

if([Per capita GDP]>3000 and [Life expectancy]>60, blue(),

if([Per capita GDP]<3000 and [Life expectancy]<60, red(),

if([Per capita GDP]>3000 and [Life expectancy]<60, green(),

rgb(255,128,0))))

but in my case, [Per Capita GDP] is a huge expression and 3,000 value also is an expression stored in a variable.

The quadrants are dynamic based on selection.

Not applicable
Author

hi yadu,

In my case, the quadrants in bubble chart is dynamic.

it will change based on selections.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Doesn't matter. The Background Color expression uses the label names of the chart expressions. And you can replace the hardcoded values with variables if necesarry.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Ok thanks for the help.

I will try it out.