Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Execute cmd.exe works on one publisher but not another why?

Hi gentlemens,

I have attached a very small script that checks if a folder exists and if it doesn't it creates the folder using

execute cmd.exe /Q /C mkdir ^"$(vL.FolderName)^" ;

Nothing special with that.

Assigning a task to the QV-document and reloading it results in the folder being created in one publisher installation (QV11) but not in another (QV10).

I really must have it to work in the QV10 installation.

The only thing I could think of was the account running the QV-distribution service did not have the proper rights on the second installation so I made sure that user was allowed to create a folder in the specific folder where the qvw-file is stored but no folder was created anyway.

Nothing is written in the document-log and the script just moves on without any errors.

/Andy

11 Replies
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Well the settings.ini is in a QlikviewBatch-folder in both the failing and the working system.

/Andy

andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Well well,

In the QV-installation where I had problem the source qvw is located on a fileshare on another server (same place where I want to create a folder)

That fileshare is mapped as Y: for both my user and the service-acocunt running the publisher-tasks.

The predefined variable $(QvWorkPath) returns the very same string both when running the qvw manually as well as with the publisher starting with Y:.

However that path with Y: can only be used when reloading manually, when running on the server I must use \\server\fileshare\.....

But now it works