Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doncorleone
Contributor
Contributor

How to modify the standard excel export function

I'd like to add certain information to the standard excel export function (the one you can activate the icon for in the chart property tab "caption").

For example we need the chart title and the current date in our excel exports. I already managed to export the current selections to Excel.

I don't want to create a specific marco, I want the standard excel export function (via chart icon "XL") to provide this information in the excel export for every chart we use.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks a lot !

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Only Qliktech can do what you want. It would require rewriting the code for that part of the UI.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
doncorleone
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your fast answer. Ok, I understand. Is there a macro script I could use for my purposes ? Perhaps one I could modify a little. I am not a very advanced scripter and I don't know the syntax very well. The macro should replace the standard excel export function (for multiple charts and with the selection criteria included) plus it should export the chart title and certain criteria from my project, which i could add to the script.

Not applicable

doncorleone
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ok, thanks a lot for your help !