Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Designing your iPhone QV Apps: Please help

Hello,

Every iPhone post or thread I have seen is about connecting to the servers. Are there any threads or demos or walkthroughs dedicated to the actual design of your qlikview app on the iPhone? For example, the demos show a large, bold title (KPI Dashboard) with all the sub titles below in small font (month, quarter, revenue etc)

How do you design this in your qvw to have the 2 separate titles?

That is just 1 example...where can I find a QV walkthrough or instructions on how to design your QVW such that it appears how you want it on the phone?

Thanks QlikCommunity!,

James Johnston

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

James,

The iPhone client is still fairly new, so we are still writing documentation and exploring the best way to utilize this new platform. My advice would be to explore and work with your QV app for the iPhone, and if you gain a good understanding of it, post that information back here to the forum. Thanks for your interest and good luck with your app development!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

James,

There is some information about app design best practices on the iPhone client wiki page:

http://community.qlik.com/wikis/qlikview-wiki/qlikview-iphone-client.aspx

If you are able to develop an app and have a different experience or more tips, please add them to the wiki! Smile

Not applicable
Author

thanks Jason. that site is good for understand limits on charts/objects and where to have titles... u know of any that explain actually HOW to adjust the chart properties such that titles appear similar to the demos?

Thanks for quick reply.

James

Not applicable
Author

James,

The iPhone client is still fairly new, so we are still writing documentation and exploring the best way to utilize this new platform. My advice would be to explore and work with your QV app for the iPhone, and if you gain a good understanding of it, post that information back here to the forum. Thanks for your interest and good luck with your app development!

Not applicable
Author

Will do. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

First of all, what a great programme!! Is there a "wishlist" for additional features desired for iPhone or Symbian clients? I would like to add the following:

- Adding of bookmarks via mobile client

- Possibility to e-mail table data (so far only possible for pie charts etc), or even better, possibility to e-mail graphical charts attached with underlying dimensions and expressions in table format

keep up the good work!

Not applicable
Author

Send your suggestions to our R&D team by using the Feature Request form here: http://community.qlik.com/content/featurerequest.aspx