Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher and partial data reduction : is it possible ?

Hi,

We are currently facing this issue : we need to split an application according to one field value (it tells if the customer is a 'corporate' one or a 'field' one). We currently proceed like that : the 'corporate' value is selected, then we choose 'reduce data'. Thanks to this option, everything is consistent : all invoices that do not concern corporate customers are suppressed from the application, etc.

However, the products that are not bought are also flushed. And we HAVE to keep them, since we also need to know which products are not bought (it is a strength of QV, isn't it ?)

So, my question is : is it possible to do partial reduction through Publisher (we will soon have the license for it). ? Or do we have to do massive ETL job to reduce all the tables separately ? If so, is the loop & reduce feature of Publisher still useable (because we strongly need it to split applications across all countries) ?

Thank you for your help and your experience,

Regards,

Adrien

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You should be able to do a Loop and Reduce on that field value using publisher.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Actually my question is about the "reduce" of this loop & reduce. Will I loose all unbought products ? "Reduce" reduces all tables. Including the unselected products, customers etc. This is not the need of our company. If we cannot use this 'loop & reduce', it implies a LOT of work in etl.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

When you select the item in the list box you are reducing on that is the report. That is what you will get in the reduction.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Bill, but I must admit that this reduction way is too brutale for us. We have to do fine tuning on the dataset.

We will probably fork the reduction process thanks to script variables (e.g. if `a=1', then join (invoices).. where ...). By the way I would like to know if it is possible to pass variables thanks to publisher (e.g. `a=1' if user `John', `a=2' if user `Franck') ?

Adrien

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

any answer concerning this ?

We will probably fork the reduction process thanks to script variables (e.g. if `a=1', then join (invoices).. where ...). By the way I would like to know if it is possible to pass variables thanks to publisher (e.g. `a=1' if user `John', `a=2' if user `Franck') ?

Thank you !

Adrien