Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qv.exe version 11.20.11718.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

We have just upgraded to QlikView 11 yesterday and applied our production license.

This morning when we came in our server was down.  I went to the event viewer in windows and came across the below error:

The program Qv.exe version 11.20.11718.0
stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information
about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center
control panel.

Process ID: f44

Start Time: 01ce6615e96d699a

Termination Time: 0

Application Path: D:\Program
Files\QlikView\Qv.exe

Report Id:
8a915f0c-d21d-11e2-92e4-0050569135d4 I have tried searching for solutions but have come up empty handed.   Any suggestions of where to look would be helpful.

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

QV.exe is the Desktop client and not the server. What error is in the QVS event logs?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

We are getting a lot of errors with the following

Warning Document Load: The document D:\QlikView\Access Point Documents\CMCPDomesticDashboards.qvw failed to load because of no access [15].

But we are also getting this one that I have never noticed before

Warning Init: The initialization process failed. Cluster Join Denied by padme.clarke.local. This could be because of mismatching version or document root, going off duty

We do not cluster here.  So not sure why it is trying to.

Let me know if you need more information or if there is an email I can send the logs to in order to be more helpful.

Not applicable
Author

Sounds like another QVS server installation on the network is interferring, specifically one on "padme.clarke.local". Is there a QVS running there?