Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

thousands symbol (K) in gauges

Hello,

Is it possible to put '3K' in gauges instead of '3.000' ? I've looked but can't seem to find a way to do it...

This occupies lots of space in the gauge... if it could be shorted it would be great!

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can change your expression by divided it by 1000 ?

Not applicable
Author

Divide your expression by 1000.

Then in your jauge property tab go into Number and select the following format of numbers:

# ##0 k .

Then your numbers will be displayed as you asked.

Rgds

Not applicable
Author

I attached an exemple.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that's what I'm doing (without the part of formating like # ##0 k, thanks for that), I was just wondering if there was a more elegant way...

Not applicable
Author

Anyway, this won't work very well because I have to format the number to have no decimal places and this makes the display of the result not as precise as I want. If the result of the gauge is 2345, dividing by 1000 will show 2K, intead of 2,345 (when i hover the mouse over)

If I have a few decimal places, then they will show on the gauge too and the wanted result is no more...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm not sure what do you want to see exactly ?

I mean do you want to see the scales such as 2,000 K ? Im a little confused on what you need, please explain to me.

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

Sébastien, imagine this scenario (I work with comma as decimal separator and dot as thousands separator):

• the result of a gauge expression is in the thousands, for instance 35.678,
  • the gauge scale is from 0 to 50.000, showing 6 major units,

Right now, the gauge will show on its scale 0, 10.000, 20.000, 30.000, 40.000 50.000, these numbers occupie a lot of chart space and the actual gauge cylinder will be very very small

if I divide the result by zero:

• the scale will show 0 10 20 30 40 50, which is fine
  • the result, when i hover the mouse over, will show 35,678 which is not ideal, but is not so bad, so far is my best option
  • I can't use the 10K notation, because in order to use this i have to format the number to some sort of number (number with X precision, integer, fixed to X decimals, whatever) and then add the 'K' in the format pattern. If i format the number as such, the expression result will also be formatted in this way, which means that, the result of our example would show 36K, but I want it to show the whole number: 35678

What I want is the scale to show 0, 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K, so that it doesn't take so much space AND the gauge result to show 35.678, as if there could be a different formatting for expression result and the gauge scale

This, as I understand, is impossible... right?

Not applicable
Author

I think this is not possible directly however, I uploaded a document where I added the value as referenced text in the gauge,

Please have a look, I hope it will be ok for your use.

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

please don´t give up!

See the attached example.

Have a nice weekend!

Rainer