Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade QlikView Server 10 to 11,Name Cals and Doc Cals

Hi, All:

I want to upgrade my qlikview server 10 to 11 SR2 ,there are about 200 domain users in the server.I am afraid these users will be lost if I uninstall the qlikview server 10.Is there a file to storage the information of the Name Cals and the Doc Cals?

Best Regards.

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The License information is stored in the PGO files and are loacted at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer and the Root Folder.. You can back these up and I would also backup the QVPR directory at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService.

An uninstall should not delete either of these.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill.

I find these PGO files have been encrypted,Can I edit these files?And whether the QVPR directory is backed up for Qlikview Publisher?If I have no Qlikview Publisher ,whether I need to back up the QVPR directory?

dde
Employee
Employee

You could export the CAL lists using the excellent qv-user-manager which is a free (non-supported) tool supplied as part of the PowerTools.

In theory an upgrade should preserve the lists but personally I'd backup the entire C:\ProgramData\QlikTech (and any other folders you've created) prior to a QlikView Server upgrade.