Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
regowins
Creator II
Creator II

Power tools delete a specified user Cal

Hi,

How do I use power tools to delete a specified User Cal. I think I have to create a text file of the users  to read in that need to be deleted, but I do not know what format the text fie needs to be in.

Also, is this the correct syntax for the cmd line?   qv-user-manager.exe --remove cal < C:\Temp\Users.txt

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
regowins
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok, so I figured out the correct syntax in the cmd prompt to remove a specified user cal without reading a text file: 

echo Server\johndoe | qv-user-manager --remove=CAL

However, I get a message saying 'No document CAL to be removed'. The user I am trying to delete has been inactive for more than 24 hours.  Does this tool only remove users who have been inactive for more than 30days?   Any suggestions?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
regowins
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok, so I figured out the correct syntax in the cmd prompt to remove a specified user cal without reading a text file: 

echo Server\johndoe | qv-user-manager --remove=CAL

However, I get a message saying 'No document CAL to be removed'. The user I am trying to delete has been inactive for more than 24 hours.  Does this tool only remove users who have been inactive for more than 30days?   Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Not applicable

Hi,

I looked into the code for the qv-user-manager (found in GitHub https://github.com/braathen/qv-user-manager).

and the tool can only remove user CALs that have been inactive for more than 30 days!

This 30 days limit is hardcoded in the tool and is not configurable (yet :-).

And it is not possible to specify what user CALs to be removed!

The removal of specified users works only for DMS.

regowins
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Okay, Thank You for the informaiton.