Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

WHERE clause in front-end?

Hi,

Say we have 4 fields (priority, state, year, and ispaid).  My user wants to see all records with the following criteria:

Priority = Urgent

State = MA

Year = 2013

isPaid = No

However, if they select priority Urgent, and there are none for MA, MA will be greyed out.  Clicking MA will then deselect priority high, and instead select MA.  If there are no priority Urgent and state = MA, the user wants to have the chart display "No records found".  I could hardcode these selections into the data model.. but then I have to create a separate table for every single combination they need.

The users don't mind making bookmarks for complex selections, the issue comes when they have complex exceptions where they need to include and exclude several values from multiple fields.

Is there any solution to this?  Seems like a crippling limitation to QlikView.  We basically need the ability to build a WHERE clause in the front end application, without reloading the entire document.

1 Reply
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

this is relatively simple if you use set analysis...

load all the data without where condition and try to put set analysis in expression of your chart/table.

if you want to implement "If there are no priority Urgent and state = MA, the user wants to have the chart display "No records found".

Then in General tab of your chart in calculation condition box put somthing like if(Priority='Urgent' and State='MA')

after that in error message tab put "No Recorts found" for calculation condition unfullfilment.

HTH

Sushil