Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Trivial? How can I copy an entire sheet without having it linked?

Hi,

I have to add a new diagram (bar chart) to one of my documents which will be exactly alike to an earlier one, only instead of one date_field I will have another one as dimension. All else will be identical.

How can I copy the entire sheet - diagram, layout and all - without having them automatically linked? That's what happens currently - I copied the sheet and then i changed the dimension in the copy - and in the original sheet, the dimension changed as well...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Right click the sheet and choose Copy Sheet.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Gysbert,

that's just what I do - but then QlikView somehow links the two sheets - I have done that and changed the dimension in the copy to another field - and the dimension on the original sheet changed as well 😉

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

QlikView seems to have some strange ways:

A colleague once told me on a similar occasion, when I wanted to copy a container with a barchart and a table_diagram, that I needed to take both those elements out of the container, copy the empty container as well as both objects and then put them in again on both sheets, otherwise the objects would be linked...

I will try adding an empty sheet and then copying the objects one by one.

This seems like something the mods from QlikTech should see and look into.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The objects on the different sheets are not linked. If they were you would get a popup if you deleted an object asking you if you want to delete all linked objects.

I don't know what you mean by changing a dimension. Are you changing the selection in a field? Is that what you mean? If so and you want independent selection states for each sheet then you can use Alternate States. You can create alternate states on the General tab of the document properties screen and assign them to object (including sheets) on the General tab of the properties window of objects.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Gysbert,

no, not a different selection, a different field. With one diagram, the dimension is a calculated date_field (combined out of two date_fields, using one if it is there, the other if it isn't); For the other diagram, I will just always use one of the two dates.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I made it now:

- First I copied the entire sheet and deleted the containerbox from the copy.

- Then, on the original sheet, I removed the two objects from the container box.

- I copied the empty container box onto the new sheet.

- I copied both of the objects onto the new sheet.

- On the original sheet, I put the two objects (the original object_IDs) into the box again

- On the copied sheet, i put the two copied objects (new object_IDs) into the box.

I will mark this as closed.

Best regards,

DataNibbler