Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automated excel creation failed while loading through QMC.

Hi All,

Automated excel creation failed while reloading through QMC,

when i manualy loaded the QVW the excel file is created and updated.

I want at the time QMC relaods the QVW excel file also gets updated.

so i use document properties->triggers->after post relaod->macro which creates the excel file.

But is is not working with QMC when i manualy reload qvw it is working and excel file is updated.

Is it so that through QMC the macro is not enable?

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Could u please share screenshot of macro.bat file..

vikasmahajan

Batch File

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe"  /l  /noSecurity  "D:\Qlikview Applications\Email_Distribution.qvw"

EXIT

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas,

Thanks Vikas,

Yes through Task scheduler the excel is created automaticaly,but now i am facing another issue.

The excel which is created is having different date columns with different format .

For Eg:-

Cust Name     Service           Customer Order Date            Order Delivery Date           Order Completion Date
ABC               An68235            19-Jul-2013 9:40:12           21-Jul-2013  8:50:12           07/30/2013

DEF              Def23234             09-Apr-2012 9:40:12         19-Apr-2012  10:40:12         04/25/2012

The  "Customer Order Date " and "Order Delivery Date"     is having the DD-MMM-YYYY hh:mm:ss format

and "Order Completion Date" is having MM/DD/YYYY format.

when i use macro then in excel these dates are in format YYYY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss.

Please help me in this.

vikasmahajan

Hii,

You can fix date format in qlikview main tab   using following command

SET DateFormat='DD/MM/YYYY';

So that you can set all date formats as std.

Hope this help you.

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas,

Again facing one issue ,previously i created task in task scheduler by having the setting that 'When the user is logged on' and in security options it is defined as to use my account but i m not administrator.

When i use the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not'
the task fails as i logged off from the server.

The screenshot which u attached in that u used the option in security options ' Run whether user is logged on or not'

.but when i used my task runs succesfully but the excel is not generated.

Plaese me in this.

vikasmahajan

Click on General Tab -> Select Change Users or Groups tab -> Click on Advanced Tab -> Search for Administratorss -> After selecting this windows scheduler will works no issue , Here I have no problems with this setting.

I am attaching screens for setting.

Good Luck.

Vikas