Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Searchable Expression - nothing happens?

I checked the box in my straight table to make an expression searchable, and a little icon appears, but nothing happens when I click on it.  Any ideas?

searchable.jpg

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Absolutely nothing? Even when you start typing? No search bar with your letters?

Could you post that application or one that demonstrate your issue?

Not applicable
Author

What is supposed to happen?  I click on the little icon and I'm expecting something to pop up that I can type in my search, but absolutely nothing happens when I click on it.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, you should see a search bar popping up.

But to help you more, please post more details (QV version, Client). Does this (not) happen only for that column / chart, or also in other column / charts / applications you develop. What is the expression you are using in that column, how do the values look like?

As already suggested, if possible, post a small sample app that demonstrate your issue.

Not applicable
Author

I think I figured out why it's doing it, but it would be nice if it worked.  My table is really wide, and the expression section has a scroll bar.  At first I thought it was that, so I cut my expressions down to get rid of the scroll but it still didn't work.  Then I reduced the dimensions so my whole table fits on the screen I get the search box.  I also had it at one point where the search box on my first expression worked but the last one didn't. 

So it seems like it is programmed to pop up in a certain spot & if your table is wider than that you don't get it.  Very strange.

Not applicable
Author

I've exactly your problem. Actually you cannot see the search box because appear far away from your visible screen. If you move your table top left and then you click on icon searchable probably you can see the pop-up bottom right. I don't know why... it's a bug? How can i move and reposition the pop-up?

1.PNG 

2.PNG