cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbecher
MVP
MVP

QlikView Impala Connector

We work on a QlikView Impala connector which is on a PoC level now. Please let me know if someone is interested to get a beta.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi,

Cloudera Impala connect works with Hive JDBC driver for a while now. If you're using QlikView JDBC Connector the connect URL is:

jdbc:hive2://<Impala Server>:21050/default%3Bauth=noSasl;

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

5 Replies
matthieu_burel
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Ralf,

I'm currently testing Impala and its interaction with QlikView interest me with Direct Discovery.

Let me know when beta is ready !

Matthieu

rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Matthieu,

this is the next step we will test. At the moment the Impala connect works with regular QlikView load and shows amazing response times for aggregation queries. I hope to get this work with direct discovery.

Btw. there are still some issues with v11.2 and custom connector using direct discovery. We wait for a QV fix.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi,

Cloudera Impala connect works with Hive JDBC driver for a while now. If you're using QlikView JDBC Connector the connect URL is:

jdbc:hive2://<Impala Server>:21050/default%3Bauth=noSasl;

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Is there any successful integration between QV 11.2 and Impala 1.1 using cloudera ODBC 2.0 connector? In the edit script window, trying to connect through ODBC DSN  sits there doing nothing. Any luck?

rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

I haven't tried the new ODBC driver yet. But, it was always a problem of the ODBC driver not supporting latest CDH or Impala releases.

Astrato.io Head of R&D