Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Sheet Condition on Column Data Match

Hello All,

I have a document that has several customer-specific worksheets.  Each one of my customers have access to only their group of facilities once they are logged in.  The facilities are categorized by CustomerGroup.  So Facility A thru F could be under CustomerGroup A.

Well I have a worksheet specific to CustomerGroup A.  I want to write an expression of the "Show Sheet" condition that would show or hide the worksheet based on the CustomerGroup values.  Side Note: Because there are several users under each CustomerGroup it would impossible to maintain a user-based condition.

So the Facilities table has the CustomerGroup column and a user could have several facilities.  Is there a function that matches on a column that "contains" values versus just a one-to-one match?  Such as CONTAINS(CustomerGroup, "CustomerGroup A")...

Thanks in advance,

Brian Byrdsong

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

please see the attached example for help.

Username: admin

Password: admin

SECTION ACCESS and SECTION APPLICATION and some small tables are used to get it to work.

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response!  However, I failed to mention in my post that by initial load of the document, can I search thru values of a column to set the visibilty of a worksheet, not necessarily by selection?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

match() allows you to check for more than one value. The syntax is:

match(WhatToCheckIn,WhatToCheckkWith1[,WhatToCheckkWith2,WhatToCheckkWith3 etc...])

It works like an If statement:

IF WhatToCheckIn = WhatToCheckWith1 OR WhatToCheckIn = WhatToCheckWith2 etc. THEN

If you want to dynamically create the list of Facilities which you are hoping will be in your CustomerGroup (the WhatToCheckkWith1[,WhatToCheckkWith2,WhatToCheckkWith3 etc...] bit), a Concatenate() function may be work. Something like this:

match(only(CustomerCategory),concatenate(Facilities)))

Jonathan