Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error after upgrading to version 11.20 SR2

Hi all,

We are running QV version 11.0 SR1 (64bit).

Last Friday, I have upgraded my server to QV version 11.20 SR2, and since then I run into troubles. The scripts run normaly, except the ones that need an ODBC connection to my SQL server 2005.

Sometimes it does run, but almost every time I get an error "Protocol error in TDS stream". This error didn't come up when I was working with the old version.

I've also tried to connect to a SQL server 2008 with the same result.

I've reverted a VMWare snapshot back to the old situation and everything runs smoothly again.

I'm reading a lot about network problems, and change the ODBC setting so it works with Named pipes instead of TCP, and that didn't help.

Does anybody know a solution for this, so I can upgrade to version 11.20 SR2?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Frits Brinkel

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I too upgraded to 11.2 SR 2 (Yesterday) and a model working with an ODBC connection to an MS SQL server gives the same error.

I poked around a little and it turns out that the table in question has ~300 fields.

If I read up to 84 of them the problem is resolved.

fritsbrinkel, can you confirm if this behavior is the same in your system

Did I hear some one say "bug"?

jcamps
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I'm having the same problem, except it only happens in one of my 10+ documents, and not as often as you mention (in fact, I cannot get the error by manual reloading, only occasionally on the nightly scheduled reload on the server). I decided to drop a line in case someone else has the same problem, let's see if we can find a solution...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

FYI,

I worked around this problem  by dividing the load into 3 different loads and then Joining them  together on a unique Key in the table

Not applicable
Author

We're seeing this on 11.20 SR3 in just one of our documents when running the daily scheduled load, works fine if I load manually. 

It happens at a point where we've connected to mssql server 2008 while having an active connection to SQL Anywhere 12.  The connect works fine but the subsequent select fails.  It works fine on 11.0.

We're not loading a large number of columns from either DBMS..around 25 or so, but the SQL is selecting all 130 columns from the source table.

I was thinking about doing an explicit disconnect from SQL Anywhere before the connect to mssql, but I haven't tried anything yet.  Just wanted to know if anyone has any other suggestions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

Why don't you have the SQL changed so it will bring only the 25 Fields that are needed?

It's better for performance and it may work around the problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I had the same issue after the upgrade to 11.2 sr3, 2 of 3 reloads run into errors.

I installed the new SQL Odbc client, and the reload runs now 2 days without any erros.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you give link to SQL ODBC client that you installed?  We have just one reload that runs into the TDS stream error.  Some times the reload has no problems most of the time it does.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I’ve just upgraded to version 11.20 SR4, with the same result, but. I accidently heard a colleague telling me that he received the same error when he did a huge query in Excel, getting data from the SQL server.

Today I’ve changed the settings in the SQL server (2008) for the network package size to 8192 (it was default 4096), and this fixed the problem. Now the dashboards are loading as they used to be.

I hope this will also fix your problem too.