Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnhorneramllp
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

QlikView 9 PDF Report Distributor

In QlikView 9 we can now publish QlikView Reports to pdf and have them looped and reduced and emailed to the QlikView user community which is a long awaited new feature. Does anybody know definitively whether we can distribute these pdf reports to non-QlikView users / license holders...in other words they would simply consume the pdf report attached to their email but never logon to the QlikView Server. I am assuming that this can be done but would like to know for sure.

Regards

John H

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can distribute to anyone or anywhere. The document is a standard PDF. It has static content only. There is no connection made to the QV server when the PDF is opened.

-Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can distribute to anyone or anywhere. The document is a standard PDF. It has static content only. There is no connection made to the QV server when the PDF is opened.

-Rob

Not applicable

Im trying to develop an application that need to meet similar requirements. Have you already tried using this feature? I just have some questions which are quite unclear to me.

Will it be able to handle a scheduled automatic sending of email report attachment (pdf) to a limited number of external Users (Not all users)

i.e., Given there will be another system that maintains the User accounts with the information of email and status if the user has to be sent an email attachment, can this information be used by Qlikview when sending out the PDF Report Attachments - as well as reduce the data depending on the user type (defined by a Group where user belongs)?

Example:

USER

EMAIL

GROUP

Send Email PDF Attachment

JPL

jpl@xyz.com

Regional Director

N

USR1

user@xyz.com

Country Manager

N

USR2

usr2@xyz.com

Store Mgr

Y

If there will be a web page outside Qlikview that will allow users to download generated static PDF reports, how can the generation of static reports be integrated with Qlikview? Is this also covered by the PDF Distributor?

I would appreciate your help sir. Thanks in advance.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please not this is an addon feature to Publisher. You pay for the licenses to distribute the PDF and so you have purchased the license for the users that will get the PDF.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Thanks for noting that. Does that mean 1 user cal for every email recipient? Given we have the license for the pdf distributor, will it be able to handle the tasks mentioned above?

Not applicable

Can any one please guide me pdf report distributor steps...

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I believe you can only distribute files to AD users but they don't need to have an assigned CAL.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's correct that you can only email to usernames that are in your directory (AD if that's what you're using). But the email address associated with that "user" can be an mail group that contains email addresses outside your domain.

-Rob

Not applicable

Thanks Rob,

Incase if we are not using Active directory . The functionality is not applicable.Please correct me if i am wrong.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

No, as Rob says, you can use it with other directory services or even with QlikView custom users.