Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Category "Favorites" in QlikView Web access

Hi,

we are just deploying QlikView apps for different areas and the plan is that all teams should access the QlikView app we developed for them via the IE.

A colleague from IT just adjusted the access rights for the different teams, now when opening that address in IE on the team monitors, one can see the QlikView apps - not the right ones yet, but that's probably some settings problem in the management console.

The current idea is that all the apps stay in the folder where they currently are - the working directory - so that, when first opening that site, the users will see all apps we are working on, the data_models and so on - but on every team monitor, we will set just the one relevant app as a "Favorite", so that the teams will just switch to that view and immediately see the one app that is relevant to them.

The question is as simple as it is annoying to have to ask it at all: How do I get an application into that category? Can I do that individually for every team?

When I tried, I could open the general "favorites" dialog, but that's for general IE bookmarks. I'm not sure that will work?

Thanks a lot for a hint how to get this fixed!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Your best bet is to use category to do this. Favorites are on the user side and not server.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

that's just what I meant - there is a category "Favorites". That's where I want to place the app. Can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

"Favorities" is client side and not server. It is stored in the users cookie and is controlled by the users. You can create other category on the server and use that. Never tried to name one favorities, but I would think you would end up with two name "Favorities"

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

I think we're talking around each other 😉 I know it's client-side, that's the idea behind it: On every machine individually, I want to place the one relevant app into that category. I mean I will physically go there and edit that - I cannot access the server anyway and we decided that creating a new user-directory on the server would be over the top - instead, we let the users see our working directory by default and just set up the "favorites" category.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

I guess this is done. Our external consultant just told me that, instead of using that Qlikview-internal category, I could just create an IE-bookmark directly on the app I want (which will hopefully be only one once we have figured out why the access_point is "looking" at a wrong path). That way, that bookmark should lead the user directly to the app they want, bypassing the access_point.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler