Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Too many values on Chart Axis

Hi,

I have a couple of bubble charts that have ~200-300 values for the x-axis. Qlikview shows all the numbers on the axis, using up half of the chart space just for labeling the axis.

Is there a way to reduce the number of values shown on the axis without reducing the granularity in the chart? I know I could reduce the number by using a dimension expression like round(x/10)*10 but this also reduces the detail in the graph. I want to show only every 10th number on the axis, for instance, but have all x values in the chart.

Thank You!

Marco

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In another post I found a reference to Chart Properties > Presentation > Dimension Limitations but I do not see this section in the preferneces for my chart, only some of these settings such as "Show x-axis Scrollbar". (I did set up advanced editing in the user preferences)

My best guess would be to use the axis scale settings und Chart Properties > Axes, this is how I do something like this in Excel, but in QlikView these settings are greyed out and can't be selected. 😞

I can imagine that these setting were disabled because bubble charts are mostly used with categorical variables but why limit to that? I have a lot of uses where I want to use these charts with interval data.

Message was edited by: marcokiesewetter

paulyeo11
Master
Master

me too like to know where to set , as it happen to my chart once .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
have you eventually found a solution? I'm having the exact same problem...
Thank you
Andrea

Not applicable
Author

Axis -> dimension axis -> uncheck "stagger labels"

it worked for me!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

try to use the class() function as a calculated dimension!

=class([field],50,'field')

Replace field with your field name.

This will give you ranges of 50 (e.g.) 1-50, 50-100, 100-150, etc. Changing the 50 will change this range!

Greetings,

Lucas