Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authentication and Access Point

Hello,

would be greateful for suggestion on how to properly implement 'HTTP Basic' type of access point authentication in QlikView Webserver configuration?

Changing it manually in config.xml in directory Qliktech/Webserver isn't permament. With every other change applied in Webserver configuration, config.xml reloads to default and Basic Authentication changes to NTLM.

Many thanks,

Przemek

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Once you setup the QlikView webserver settings they are very static. I would recommend once everything is set then start editing the config.xlm file directly.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill.

Does server type (SME / Enterprise) got anything to do with that?

Additionally when I add new users or will be adding in the future, the config file changes again and I need to change to HTTP Basic again.

Is that normal?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

SME/Enterprise has nothing to do with that and it is just the way the interface is designed.  I don't think adding users to documents should chnage this, but I have never tested it.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is there any way to make this change (authorization Basic) permanent?

Thanks,

Przemek

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Przemekb,

No, there isn't. It is default setting and is changed by the QMC.

Bill