Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

perfect key

1.what do you mean by perfect key and primary key in qlikview?

2.what do you mean by first stored value/

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Venkat,

If my post helps you in answering your question please close this discussion by giving Correct Answer to my post, so that it helps others in finding answers similar to this.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Venkat,

Check this

http://community.qlik.com/thread/55769

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you jagan

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Venkat,

If my post helps you in answering your question please close this discussion by giving Correct Answer to my post, so that it helps others in finding answers similar to this.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

From the Book QlikView 11 for Developers:

"The name of the field. Optionally, if the field is a key field, a qualifier is shown enclosed in square brackets. This qualifier indicates the following levels of key quality:

[Perfect Key] indicates that every row contains a key value, and that all of these key values are unique. At the same time, the field's subset ratio is 100 percent. This qualifier should be seen in dimension tables, where every key should uniquely identify a single record.

[Primary Key] indicates that all key values are unique, but not every row contains a key value or the field's subset ratio is less  than 100 percent

[Key] indicates that the key is not unique. This qualifier is usually seen in fact tables, where the same dimension value may be associated with many different facts."