Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error while assigning Named CAL

Hi All,

I am getting error (Screen Shot attached) "

EntLicenses.Properties.CalInfo.AssignedList.AddAssignedUsers" while assigning Named CAL to users. We are using Qlikview web server and not IIS server and Qlikview 11 server.

Thanks in Advance,

Anosh Nathaniel

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What can cause the PGO files to get corrupted it´s if they are outside your local server, QlikView it's constantly using those files, and if there's a communication problem, that could help to corrupt them.

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

hello. We are experiencing the same issue. The issue started happening for us right after we upgraded from Qlikview 11 sr1 to sr2. We have reinstalled qlikview and regenerated our PGO files manually adding 80 users back.. only to see the problem reoccur - dissapear the next day - and then reoccur a week later. Something is going on and we cannot keep regenerating our PGO files with 70 named cals. I am concerned now that I see others are recently having the same problem

Not applicable
Author

We've been working with Qliktech.. we'd originally clustered our Directory Services Connector and have changed this to have the DSC running on a single server.  This appears to have resolved the issue where the PGOs were becoming corrupt but we're still awaiting full analysis from Qliktech.

Not applicable
Author

This is the problem that I have, it's outside qlikview but i want to give them another option, take a look and tell me what u think about it.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/87054

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

By turning on the xml output of our PGO files I was able to narrow our issue down to a particular user's account. For whatever reason the GUID (in the borrowedcal pgo) associated with one of our users is corrpupt and it is effecting our entire QMC. Qlikview support still does not have a definite answer on how to resolve. Let me be clear here that nothing changed with this users account prior to install of SR2 and that everything worked fine with 11.2.

Still investigating...

Not applicable
Author

Jeuriks.

Have u tried with local users??

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nelson,

Im not sure what you mean by local users? This user is accessing via accesspoint and ie plugin... and active directory. As soon as they hit access point it corrupts our QMC, which ive been fixing by restoring a good PGO backup file

Not applicable
Author

I´ve been having troubles with PGO files, but that's because they are in Active Directory, we created local users on the server and it works fine.

The PGO files can get damaged if there´s a communication issue with the Active Directory.

We can not fix this because it´s not a QlikView issue so far, we´ll see and keep u posted if we find another solution.

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

We are experiencing the exact same issue. AD account looks fine for both the user and computer and this particular user has been using Qlikview for over 2 years.

We manually remove his CAL using the QMC and it temporarily resolves the issue.

Not applicable
Author

I will update this incase it helps anyone in the future.

After enabling the xml output of the pgo files and viewing the BorrowedCalData.pgo.xml there was a user containing unfriendly characters (blocks etc) inplace of where the users Machine ID/UUID would be stored. Our issue looks to be the result of corrupt WMI - Windows Management Instrumentation database on the users PC. I wrote some simple scripts to confirm this. The user can log in and get a normal UUID from another pc. The user is on XP and is due for a replacement, although this issue could occur on any PC/OS with a corrupt WMI..

This explains why the issue whent away after clearing out the PGO and occured nightly (after the user logged back in and their cal info was added to the borrowed cal file. It also explains why the issue whent away for a while (user was on vacation - borrowed cal expired??) and then came back. The bad characters seem to cause management console to bomb out when parsing the pgo/xml document.

I have suggested to Qliktech that they implement some error handling for this situation so that those unfriendly characters never reach the pgo/xml document.