Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

IE plugin does not replicate triggers?

Hi,

I have just realized that the triggers I have on the individual sheets of a document (to select the current week) do not work when viewing the app via IE.

Can I set that up some alternative way?

The dimension of most of my diagrams is day, so without any restriction, the diagram becomes quite messy and unclear. Also, the "standard" up to now has been displaying the current week, so that's what I have set up for all my sheets to start with - the users can then play around.

Thanks a lot for any helpful comments!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

3 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

it seems that the triggers just don't work in the Browser view, so I resolved to create some dynamic bookmarks instead, selecting the current week - that is a good display to start with.

I have created an advanced search expression and saved that in a Bookmark and I can invoke it by hitting Ctrl+1, so far so good.

The only trouble is: The statusbox now displays the entire search formula when I'd rather it would display just the nr. of the selected week.

Can I fix that in any way?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

could it be that I should have installed (or have installed by our IT) some plugin for the IE to make it "realize" when a different sheet is activated so as to make the triggers work?

AfaIk, we have not installed anything specific, the users just open up an address in their IE and see the QlikView access point - or just their app if they use the corresp. bookmark.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

this is solved, albeit in a somewhat unsatisfactory way:

we have definitely established (a consultant we have as partner contacted Qliktech) that any triggers on the level of individual workshets currently DON't WORK when viewing QlikView apps in the browser.

<=> When implemented in Buttons, the same triggers work.

=> That brings up another question: Is it possible, in some way, to simplify porting all the triggers from one button to a button on another sheet that is supposed to do the same?

It seems that under some circumstances which I don't know QlikView does that.

Otherwise, it is a terrible job: 8 sheets, the (exact same) 8 buttons on every sheet, the (exact same across all the sheets) 4 triggers on every button, 5 clicks on average for one trigger...