Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit Script Function

Using QV 8.5 latest build. Had no problems till today. Every time I hit the Edit Script button the program freezes and I have to use CTRL-ALT-DEL to end program.

QV will reload, run macros and all files and sheets are working just I can't edit script. The system does not show not responding or an error at all.

Thanks for any help provided.

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

jsn,
It's good enough, thanks! Especaily that the DlgPos334 is for the script editor.
Can we get the macro editor? Variables overview?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah.. I looked it up manually. Took a screenshot of the registry and then moved the script editor and compared. The principle is the same for the others but I'm on macos at the moment so I can't help you out there.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Michael Solomovich wrote:Especaily that the DlgPos334 is for the script editor.
Can we get the macro editor?

If you're up for it, an easy way to determine the various registry keys is to use a monitoring tool like Procmon or Regmon from Sysinternals -- free tools now distributed by Microsoft at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb545027.aspx

Technically, Regmon is for older versions of Windows but it works fine on my XP. Regmon has filters so you can monitor just want you want like "HKCU\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikView\WindowPos\*". Procmon has filters also, a little more complex to setup because it monitors more than RegKeys.

Using Regmon, I can see that the WindowPos keys are:

DlgPos334 - Script Editor V9
DlgPos332 - Script Editor V8.5
DlgPos257 - Macro Editor V9
DlgPos254 - Macro Edito V8.5

Thought it was interesting that they differ between releases.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here, I knew I had it... It is QlikTech's file. No any documenmtaion or description though.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much guys. I was absolutly lost.

Sergio

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

I tried below macro code for adding new script line into existed tab "Main 2" ,

but the below code working like creating another new tab "Main 2" and adding the script line as $(Include=d:\vqd eat\text\test.txt);

what to change in below code for to work like add new script line in existed tab "Main 2" ?

docprop.Script = docprop.Script & chr(13) & chr(10) & "///$tab Main 2" & chr(13) & chr(10) & "$(Include=d:\vqd eat\text\test.txt);"

Thanks in advance