Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Barchart vs. multi-diagram (bars, lines, dots)

Hi,

I am currently facing the problem that in a barchart I cannot seem to be able to implement a second y-axis when I have two stacked columns. Is that right or have I done something wrong here?

I know that a barchart cannot display lines, so I would like to display my quota as another column (not stacked.) But, since this is a percentage (about 0.1 or so), I need a second y-axis. I tried to implement that and place it on the right, but as yet I failed.

Can somebody give me a hint here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

12 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi jonbroughavone,

now I've done it. You're right: First switching to a barchart, then deactivating the third formula and stacking the first and second, then switching back to a combo chart and reactivating the third formula as a line does the trick 😉

Only now the second y-axis does not react anymore to any changes I make on the "axes" tab. I would like to have that in %-steps, currently it is in 10%-steps which is a bit vague.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you mean the scale, I think this is automatically set by qlikview. Maybe resize the chart a little.

Jonathan

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi jonbroughavone,

the scale is usually set automatically by ´QlikView. You can also set it manually on the "axes" tab, but I just removed those settings and I thought, maybe if I let QlikView just have its own way, it might look better. It does in a sense - I now have a scale that goes 10%, 20%, 30% ... The issue is, the quota to display is (for one given day) just 1.63%, so a scale going 1%, 2%, 3% would be more suited - but I cannot seem to set that - when I set the "interval" (on the axes-tab) to 0.01, I get a scale going 10,00%, 20,00%, 30,00% 😉

I guess it is difficult to be sure how this can be done as we are obviously creating a display that is actually not intended in QlikView - in a multi diagram, you're not supposed to stack columns as it seems.

Do you still have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler