Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

scripting error

Hi,

Am trying to load flight data using the script editor of my personal edition, but i can't, I get the error message:The system cannot find the file specified. I see the file there. Can someone help please.

P.S I've checked my security and I do have full permissions (admin), and the spaces in my script are bordered with [ ] as supposed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure you specify the correct path to the file. If you use only the filename without a path and you save the qvw document in another location then the file you want to load won't be found. The script error dialog will show the complete path+filename where QV expects to find the file.

An example: I created an qvw document that loads an excel file that exists in the same directory. Then I saved the qvw document to another folder. When trying to reload I get the error:

comm87430.png

I moved the qvw document to another folder, i.e. D:\QVdata\temp. I used a relative path to the source excel document, i.e. FROM [salestodate.xls]. QV now shows that it expects to find that file in D:\QVdata\temp\salestodate.xls. And it doesn't exist there because I only movedthe qvw document in that location and left the excel file in the original location.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure you specify the correct path to the file. If you use only the filename without a path and you save the qvw document in another location then the file you want to load won't be found. The script error dialog will show the complete path+filename where QV expects to find the file.

An example: I created an qvw document that loads an excel file that exists in the same directory. Then I saved the qvw document to another folder. When trying to reload I get the error:

comm87430.png

I moved the qvw document to another folder, i.e. D:\QVdata\temp. I used a relative path to the source excel document, i.e. FROM [salestodate.xls]. QV now shows that it expects to find that file in D:\QVdata\temp\salestodate.xls. And it doesn't exist there because I only movedthe qvw document in that location and left the excel file in the original location.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert. Problem solved. I used only the filename in the script and didn't specify the corret path