Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Append data in the next run to an existing table in QVW

Hi,

I am doing an extraction from SAP Bex Query using an OLAP Connector. I have loaded the history data full 2 years  into a qvw. and it took 20 mins to load from the source. Now i want to load only previous month using the same bex query - i have changed the filters in the bex query so that it loads only previous month.

I tried JOIN, ADD and CONCATENATE - they seem to wipe the data in the existing table and then reload as per the current status of the Bex query. How do we handle this scenario . I do not want to bring qvd into the picture as there is not much logic or transformations in this dataflow. It is a straight forward dataflow from SAP to Qlikview.

Regards,

S

TABLE1 is the table existing in the QVW

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=QvSAPOLAPConnector.dll;ASHOST=XXXXX.com;SYSNR=10;CLIENT=321;Log=1;XUserId=XXXX;XPassword=XXX;";
//JOIN([TABLE1])
//ADD(TABLE1)
//[TABLE1]:
Add Load *;
Select PseudoMDX D (
Dimensions (
  [0TCTUSERNM] (),
  [0CALMONTH] (),
  [0CALYEAR] ()),
Measures (
  [4TC1SH1UDPDJHAM5ERQSJYR9T].[4TC1SH9IWNZ8ZX5LKLT4U0PZL], //# of Users
  [4TC1SH1UDPDJHAM5ERQSJYR9T].[4UKQXM7GX1C2JXPB8CPY8UDU9], //No. of Navigations
  [4TC1SH1UDPDJHAM5ERQSJYR9T].[4UKQXLZSE2QD1B5V2INLYSF4H], //No. of Sessions
  [4TC1SH1UDPDJHAM5ERQSJYR9T].[4UKQXMF5FZXS2K8RE6SAIWCK1]), //Query Counter
From (Bex Query));

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can do this by once loading the historical data from SAP and store the resulting table into a qvd.

Table1:

SELECT .... from (Bex Query); // load the historic data

STORE Table1 into Table1.qvd; //store the data into a qvd file

The above needs to be done only once to create the qvd with the historic data. After that you can change the script so it first loads the qvd file, which will load very fast, and then load the monthly data from SAP:

Table1:

LOAD * from Table1.qvd (qvd); // load the historic data

SELECT .... from (Bex Query); // load the monthly data

STORE Table1 into Table1.qvd; //store the complate table qvd file

The updated qvd now contains the historic data + this month's monthly data. Next month it can be used to load the historic data and the data of that month can then be added to create a new updated table (and qvd file).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can do this by once loading the historical data from SAP and store the resulting table into a qvd.

Table1:

SELECT .... from (Bex Query); // load the historic data

STORE Table1 into Table1.qvd; //store the data into a qvd file

The above needs to be done only once to create the qvd with the historic data. After that you can change the script so it first loads the qvd file, which will load very fast, and then load the monthly data from SAP:

Table1:

LOAD * from Table1.qvd (qvd); // load the historic data

SELECT .... from (Bex Query); // load the monthly data

STORE Table1 into Table1.qvd; //store the complate table qvd file

The updated qvd now contains the historic data + this month's monthly data. Next month it can be used to load the historic data and the data of that month can then be added to create a new updated table (and qvd file).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you...