Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonseril
Creator
Creator

QMC crashes in IE

Hello all,

My colleague installed QVS with Publisher in his laptop and after the install when QMC is opened in the IExplorer, it crashes. This is what the log in the event viewer said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception=System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at QDSMain.FileSystemHelper.CleanOldLogFiles(ILogBucket i_LogBucket)

at SolutionGlobal.SharedThread.Executor(ILogBucket i_LogBucket)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We reinstalled so many times but the same results. We will be glad if somebody knows the solution to this problem. Thanks in advance

4 Replies
jasonseril
Creator
Creator
Author

Good day. Does anybody have some idea or solution to the problem? Thanks...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm guessing that you installed on a partition other than C:?

The event log message points to 😧

D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service

It looks to me like something is not pointing to the right place. Please let us know if you installed to a location other than default.

jasonseril
Creator
Creator
Author

yes, windows os and all applications (including qvs) were installed in 😧 partition.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

That doesn't sound right at all. I would urge you to get in touch with support: http://www.qlik.com/formpage.aspx?id=1500

This way a more thorough investigation can be made.

//Johannes