Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Users cannot see new apps unless security granted - why?

Hi all,

just in the final stages of setting up our new QVS.

Previously in version 11 (SR1)

I would simply put a new qvw file in the correct folder for access point, and it would just appear on the access point for everyne

The default/example apps show up to everyone if I specify that folder.

However, any custom qvws I have made need specific security set against the file for each user.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to set it up so anyone accessing Access Point can see all of the documents?

just to point out, we are using Qlikview as a web server, NOT IIS

and using NTFS security.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Matt,

Are you moving or copying the files? Copying inherits permissions from the folder you are copying to. Moving may keep its original permissions. If that is happening to you because of a restore or something, that might be the issue.

Double check that NTFS is the only method allowed, and it's not set to DMS.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I was copying across from our other qlikview server.

On that one though, ANY user could log on and see all of the documents.  I didn't need to specify permissions on folders or files in windows.

I'm having real trouble with my new installation though.

One user I gave permissions at the folder level (read permissions)

She went into IE, and could see the apps.

I then REMOVED her folder permissions by deleting her.

She went back into QV on IE and could STILL see the apps.

She then tried Chrome and could NOT see them - so I gave permissions back, refreshed Chrome and STILL cannot see them!!!

I don't know what i'm doing wrong here

any ideas?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It may be because when you are using the NTFS mode of security, qlikview takes time to read it.

Meaning when you change the security of any file qlikview will not take effect directly, but it needs some time or a restart of server.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

our 'old' qlikview server was using the same security, so I cant understand why its different now..

the old one was v11, where the new one is 11.2 SR2 (not sure if there have been any security enhancements with the latest version)

I certainly don't want to have to restart the server every time.

Would DMS be a better security to use??

Regards,

Matt

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

DMS is the best security option.

Here you can as an admin define who all can see the applications.

Maintainance is simple as per me.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik,

I'll give that a go too and see which is easier for me.

Regards,

Matt